According to California Penal Code Section 11166.5 the following situations are reportable child abuse and neglect conditions:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Child exploitation, child pornography and child prostitution
- Severe or general neglect
- Extreme corporal punishment resulting in injury
- Willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment; and/or
- Abuse or neglect in out-of-home care
Any person who works directly with children, including a CASA volunteer, is a Mandated Reporter and is required by law to report suspected child abuse or neglect. CAPC offers free training to Mandated Reporters throughout Contra Costa County on how to identify and report suspected child abuse. CAPC provides free 60 minute and 90 minute training sessions on mandated reporting responsibilities.
Mandated Reporter Training Materials
In addition to Mandated Reporter Training, CAPC offers free workshops for the community and parent groups on the identification of suspected child abuse and how to keep kids safe.