Nurturing Parenting Connection Program
Nurturing Parenting Connection is a home visitation program that embraces the theory of “re-parenting.” Nurturing Parenting Connection is a voluntary program for families who have a new born baby. In this 12-15 week visitation program parents learn about recognizing and understanding feelings, nurturing parenting routines, alternatives to hitting, child development, and ways to build self-esteem and self-concept in self and children.
The Parent Education Home Visitor will work one-on-one with the family following the Nurturing Parenting curriculum (evidence based program) which promotes:
- Developing empathy, parent-child bonding and attachment;
- Teaching parents appropriate expectations of children’s growth and development to foster positive brain development and feeling of self worth, trust and security;
- Employing discipline that promotes the dignity of children and adults;
- Empowering adults and children to nurture themselves, others and their environment;
- Promoting positive self worth; and,
- Helping all family members develop a meaningful level of self-awareness and acceptance.
The Parent Education Home Visitor will also assist the family by assessing their needs and providing linkage and referral services as necessary.
This program is offered to families in Central and East Contra Costa County. NPC is available in English or Spanish to families who have challenges attending group parenting class and/or would benefit from home visiting support.
Please take in consideration that due to the length of this program your client might not be able to be seen immediately. If you have questions or would like to make a referral, please contact CAPC:
Nurturing Parenting Program Director
301 W. 10th Street, Suite 1
Antioch, CA 94509
"Thank you for the information on caring for babies. There are a lot of helpful tips on safeguarding our home and breastfeeding. The growth chart lets us know all the exciting things to look forward to as our baby grows. We really appreciate all the support and help you offer."
–Newborn Connections Parents