It only takes a minute to hug a child.
"For Better Or Worse" comic by Lynn Johnston
It only takes a minute to make the difference in the life of a child
- Reach out for support if you need it–call a friend, a hotline or an organization in your area for help
- Reach out to other families
- Just be a friend and listen
- Offer to help out with household chores
- Offer to take care of the children and give parents a break
- Help a parent connect with local resources, such as a family resource center
- Support Community Child Abuse Prevention Efforts
If you feel that a child is in immediate danger, telephone your local law enforcement agency.
You may also telephone:
Contra Costa County Children and Family Services
Toll Free (877) 881-1116
We can all take a minute to...
Learn a child's name
Hug a child
Listen to a child
Read to a child
Take a breath
Listen to our hearts
Talk, not yell
Stop a child from being hurt
Believe and protect all children